Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My technology strengths and weaknesses:

In facilitating and inspiring student learning and creativity, I am able to model collaborative knowledge construction be engaging in learning with students and colleagues in both face to face and virtual environments. I have used Skype to chat with colleagues from other schools and model collaboration for the students by working on cross curricular projects with other teachers. I need to learn more educational software programs so that I can promote and model creative and innovative thinking.

I am able to design or adapt relevant learning experiences incorporating digital tools in my work as advisor and teacher for the yearbook class. I have worked digitally on yearbooks at over five schools and used different software programs at each school and quickly became familiar with the various techniques. I have not had the time to customize and personalize learning styles using digital tools and resources.

In producing the electronic newsletters for our school’s parents and faculty, I have collaborated a great deal with people asking me to post articles, images, photos, google docs and links. I will need to teach these programs – specifically Dreamweaver and Blackbaud – to my replacement as I am moving on to another career opportunity.

I strive to be a good example of digital citizenship, and am very polite and have good digital communication etiquette, and am fully aware that each and every electronic communication that I send can be disseminated to the world at large. I am less certain about the copyright issues that arise in my use of photos found on line that I use for internal documents.


I have been so focused on my graduate school studies for my MLIS that I have not been able to participate in learning communities other than those at the University of North Texas. I have learned a great deal in this program, but look forward to reaching out to a larger community when I am finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment